March 1st, with a partner, I started a contributor based website for parent’s with special needs called Break the Parenting Mold.
It all started easily enough; we had a great idea, a built-in web designer (moi), a built-in editor (my fabulous partner) and a lot of amazing bloggers with even better content.
What we didn’t realize was that as content came in, it would come in with special needs of its own. Posts would need graphics, writers would send bios without images, and Kristi and I would need an effective way to communicate all of that with each other.
And that didn’t even include scheduling posts, sharing them to social media, and having an effective workflow!
We had been functioning with about 15 Google Docs, a few Google Sheets, email folders and a lot of IM’s back and forth.
We needed something new. We needed CoSchedule.
I had been hearing about CoSchedule for years. Many bloggers I know, who schedule multiple times a week used it, but it always seemed too robust for what I was doing.
The features I knew about were:
- Ability to schedule posts and drag and drop them to new locations as needed.
- Ability to schedule social media sharing from within the scheduled post.
- Ability to integrate with WordPress.
Well that barely scratches the surface. After watching the CoSchedule Demo I realized that CoSchedule would rock our workflow!
Here is a screen cast I made of how CoSchedule works for us.
These are the things I do with CoSchedule:
- Enter posts
- Attach Author
- Attach Categories
- Schedule posts or put them in unscheduled state
- THIS PART IS SUPER IMPORTANT – I Create a list of tasks, that are attached to each post that need to be done before a post goes live, and after
- Schedule social media shares for each post
- Re-share old posts on social media
- Create stand alone tasks that need to be done outside of posts
- Create stand alone notes that tell my partner Kristi things we need to do
- Create stand alone social media posts that can post to our page OR a group
- Drag and drop any type of post into a new spot
- See EVERYTHING in one place!!!!
I would not be exaggerating if I said that CoSchedule has changed our lives. It has helped us organize and saved us hours of work. It has also enabled us to spend more time doing the things that will help us to make our site more productive and all over more excellent!
You can get a 14day free trial for CoSchedule?by clicking here. And I promise you won’t be disappointed, it was the best decision we made.
This is CoSchedule overview video by CoSchedule, you will learn more about other ways to use it here.
*There are affiliate links in this post, only because I LOVE CoSchedule so much. I would never endorse a product I wasn’t 100% behind.